Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Uncles!!!

Uncles, Cousins, Nieces, Nephews, and ANTS!!!

When I come downstairs in the morning at 4:00, I do not turn on any lights. The glow from the night light in the kitchen allows me to see well enough to fill my coffee cup (yep! got that coffee on a timer!) and then find my way into my office (where the glow from the computer is just right for my weary eyes to adjust to being open). I then go directly from the computer out to the garage for my workout and then straight up the back stairs to shower. It isn't until I'm completely awake that I turn any kitchen lights on.

This morning, when I flipped on the kitchen light and returned to the coffee pot for my second cup of 'wake up juice', I discovered ANTS everywhere.....an entire ant family reunion all over my kitchen. UGH! The first thing I did was check my coffee cup. No ants. Thank God! But they were crawling ALL over my kitchen counter, down the side of the dishwasher, and parading across the floor toward the back door. Ah. Point of entry.

This happens every year - and usually after a good rain (Hanna just blew through). They seem to find a new way in every year. It's like they KNOW that several of their relatives "went in that way last year and never came back".

Now the house smells like oranges (I use an Ortho ant spray made with some sort of orange oil?) - smells VERY STRONGLY like oranges - and while that sounds like it would be a pleasant fragrance, it is an overwhelming odor (one that is giving me a wicked headache).

So....that's how I started my Wednesday. The day can only get better, right?

From the House of Hooligans ~ Happy Half-Week

4 comments:

Desiree said...

Theresa, you have an award waiting for you on my blog!

Sonja said...

Hey T, go check out my blog ... there's something there for you.

The Kurjian Family said...

Theresa!!! CHeck out my blog you have something waiting for you! :) Of course I'll have to send you an invite since my blog is private! HAHA!

Sonja said...

Theresa! You should blog more!! I miss your stories. Go check out my blog ... there's something waiting for you!